Old 09-18-22, 08:10 AM
steelbikeguy

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1829 Post(s)
Liked 3,376 Times in 1,580 Posts
some pics of the other bikes and riders who attended....

Rick's Trek 720. In quite nice condition, with a great selection of parts. The bell had an impressive ring too! I think it's a Spurcycle bell?? The sound is much greater than the small size of the bell would suggest.
fwiw: Rick is also known as OTS here in BikeForums.

Here we see Jason (left) with Rick (right) discussing Rick's Trek.
Jason is a local bike buddy who has a couple of older Treks that are quite a bit too small for him (imho, etc). Jason isn't into vintage bikes per se, but has an overall appreciation for things that are past their prime but still useful (a prime example is his Suzuki Samurai(?) car). Jason owns the Trek just in front of Rick's. While Jason's Trek is an early aluminum model, it occurred to me that it certainly meets the general requirements for C&V. Plus... I figured it would be good for Jason to meet Julian and Brian, figuring he might get an appreciation for the value of a bike that fit him. Brian was very helpful and actually brought the two Centurions for Jason to look at! Thanks again, Brian!

Bob brought a very clean Trek 400 (the Treks were well represented on this ride). He had fitted a Campy Triomphe crankset. The Triomphe cranks use a 116mm BCD, meaning that a fairly small chainring can be fitted.

Brian brought a Specialized Allez Sport, fitted with a Brooks Cambrium saddle and a very useful Shimano triple crankset.

Steve in Peoria
(as noted, I brought my 1982 Olmo Competition with the pantographed Campy NR bits)
Likes For steelbikeguy: