Thread: Burned Out
View Single Post
Old 09-11-22, 11:25 AM
PhilFo 
Tinker-er

Bikes: 1956 Rudge Sports; 1983 Univega Alpina Uno; 1981 Miyata 610; 1973 Raleigh Twenty; 1994 Breezer Lightning XTR; V4 Yuba Mundo aka "The Schlepper"; 1987 Raleigh "The Edge" Mountain Trials; 1952 R.O. Harrison "Madison"

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Clyde1820
Have never felt "recharging the batteries" to be a waste of time, myself.
Everybody recovers and "recharges" differently, at different times and in different ways. For me, it's almost always helped by going simplistic out in nature ... walks, sitting in a meadow watching the world go by, dangling my feet in a stream, an easy bike ride to see what there is to see, etc. Nothing else to do but one thing: being present.
People would probably be healthier and better-grounded if each took the occasional time to "smell the roses." It can work wonders.
This is why I can't stand setting aside time for vacations. They can get filled to the gills with itineraries and a schedule at least as busy as the regular workday.
If I can't find a few moments to recharge and actually be in the moment, at peace, with myself, wherever I am, I'm probably not going to be able to find that calm on a vacation holiday. More likely I'd sleep away a few days out of pure exhaustion, which I've done plenty of in the past.
This is why self-care at our own pace, set by our bodies and recognized our minds, is key.