Old 09-13-22, 11:24 PM
M Rose

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 2 Disk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Kid
Yesterday, I had a vacation day to burn but I was so burned out from work, life etc., I didn't feel like doing a thing. (Anyone been there?) So I figured to had to do something as it was a nice day. So I rode to little country story on the edge of town and sat on the bench. (About 5 or so miles away.) I sat there eating my chips and drinking a soda and watch the world go by. It was good. I should've cleaned the house, put big miles down but I didn't care. It felt good to just sit and relax for once. Was I wrong to waste so much time? Has anyone done this sort of thing?
I do this at least once a week. I have several places I like to go and just relax. I unplug, read a book, people watch, but most of the time sit and watch nature. Mental health is just as important if not more important than physical health.

What is wasting time?
Wasting time is when you are on the work clock and you are supposed to be doing something work related but you aren’t.

Sittiing at a convince store watching the day go by isn’t a waste of time, it’s a mental recharge. Or better analogy would be mental “recovery” day. Just like in physical training we need to incorporate recovery days so as to not over work our muscles and give our body time to rejuvenate, our mental well being also needs a day of rejuvenation.

I suffer from several physical limitations that have taken their toll on me both physically and mentally. I started cycling as a way to rehabilitate my physical body. I found the mental benefits of riding to be more profound than I could have possibly imagined.