Old 11-26-22, 06:28 PM
Lombard
Sock Puppet

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon, 2017 Jamis Renegade Exploit and too many others to mention.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 863 Times in 573 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDutchBiker
Thank you too .
You are very right – it's just the chain and cassette, the crank little and other items are not suitable for replacement. I've just cleaned the chain in between, so other items I could have taken better care for. The bike has been used for 2 years in Sweden (of which during tough winters), afterwards in The Netherlands in normal conditions. For my new set, I'll take better care of other parts .

Regarding the chain case: this is the current situation (can't add the photo's here as I'm a newbie--- chain guard: pasteboard [dot] co/duE6W91iFUey.jpg – full bike: pasteboard [dot] co/47F7LnSyNm2s.jpg)
The FC-6010 shows on the Shimano site that it's compatible with a chain guard. Is that also for my type of external chain guard?

Thank you!
IMO, when you move up the ladder in componentry, it's a law of diminishing returns. Deore is a world better than Acera/Alivio. You probably won't notice much improvement going from Deore to XT unless saving a few grams is important.

I would leave the crankset alone. Replace it only if the chain skips on it once you get all the new components installed. Very unlikely that the crankset is worn out already.
Likes For Lombard: