View Single Post
Old 06-26-22, 09:09 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1019 Post(s)
Liked 785 Times in 414 Posts
From late 1980s to just about 5-6 years ago, I would participate in a handful of triathlons every season (summer). Mostly sprints, a few Olys here and there, and a few close to half-iron distance. I usually competed as a Clydesdale too, and was usually able to maintain an +/- 8-minute pace in the tri runs. Additionally, I was always running road races, with a one or two half-Marathons every year, and a full Marathon every couple years. Then, I had to have a hip replacement at 56 years old. And now I have a knee that needs replaced (thankfully it doesn’t hurt with I ride). I’m pretty much done with running. But the culprit for the failing joints in my lower extremities??? I think it’s so much pounding the pavement with a heavier body over the years. I’m 6’2” and maintain a body weight of 195-200 lbs. So much long distance running with a body like that isn’t doing the joints any favors. I began distance running in h.s. in 1976 when I was like 5’10 and 150 lbs. If I had it to do all over again, I’d scale back the long runs once my body weight got up to 170-175-ish.

Dan
Likes For _ForceD_: