Old 08-03-22, 08:30 PM
GMoser85

Bikes: Salsa Horsethief, Kona Ute Longtail

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasJen
You're a "Clydesdale" running eight miles at a 10 minute/mile pace? Props to you. Is that on just a run? Or is that in combination with other events?

I live in the desert so it's hard for me to do a lot of swim training, at least distance-wise. Best I can do is laps at the local public pool, but I don't really count it beyond regular exercise since it's a pool and it's too easy to "cheat" and take breaks. However, I try to do a "dualthlon" at least once a month. Because of the aforementioned desert, I may not do that quite as often in the summer. But I will map out a 16-20 mile ride and a 3.5-4 mile run and do those back-to-back with about a 5 minute "transition" time in between.

I'm so far beyond the age/ability to do even a half Ironman now I won't even consider a full Ironman. I wish I had done one 15-20 years ago when I was young enough. I think I'm even done doing Olympics. At this point I'm going to stick with sprints from here on. I have a sprint in Long Beach in about three weeks. This will be my fifth triathlon in 10 months.

8 mile run was just a run. I have done a 20 mile ride run 6 and keep a 10 min pace, I'm in the Seattle area so nothing is flat. I want to get my Olympic under 3 hours. Yes pool is hard to really use for training. It's not the same and anytime I do open water, I'm sucking water but no issues in the pool. I think part of my swim is mental.