View Single Post
Old 05-27-23, 06:07 AM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked 1,747 Times in 1,017 Posts
No, that is not normal if he bike was brand new and you had to replace all of that in 2500 miles.

I suspect this is due to the level of components on the bike, especially the wheels. Generally, bikes on the lower end don't always get the best wheels. Shimano Tourney is not the best, but, the chain rings, cassette, and BB should have held up far longer than 2500 miles, unless you are leaving it outside in the weather 24\7 and riding through deep water. I'm going to make the assumption you are not, but also providing some level of basic maintenance and keeping the bike clean.

My bike I used for commuting was on the lower end of the spectrum, but I had over 8K miles on it and I only replaced the drive train components at 6K because I wanted some nicer components, otherwise they were solid. I did upgrade the wheels around 2500 as they were pretty low end and I had broken 3 or 4 spokes on the rear wheel and I was a larger dude at that time, so I had some new wheels built, but after that, never had any issues.

Welcome to Bike Forum