Old 11-06-21, 05:49 PM
grolby

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by samhande
Someone that has been "riding for a while", and "been on the Internet of Bike for a while" knows how my tires respond. Very impressive. I can't argue with his impeccable resume. So I guess I was just wrong when I felt my tires get softer and deflect less after they expanded. Grolby is so generous to provide me his omnipresent insight!
LOL, you made a bunch of factual claims about tires and someone replied saying (paraphrased) “based on my experience your factual claims about tires are wrong.” It’s not like I said your dog was ugly or something, you said new tire sidewalls are very stiff, as though it were something everyone knows, and then gave some very specific advice based on this “fact.” But this fact is untrue and your advice is unnecessary. It’s not an attack on you.

All that said, I did just remember a pair of Panaracer road tires I bought years ago that were very sticky out of the box. As in they grabbed and flung a lot of road grit for the first few miles. Fresh tires can be a bit tacky like that but these tires were exceptional. Usually it lasts a few feet, not a few miles. I never really thought of it in terms of break-in though and never noticed any effect on traction or ride comfort.
Likes For grolby: