brandenjs
WV is not flat..

Bikes: 1 away from divorce!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 440 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by kponds
Just last Thursday bought a (guessing) 80-85 gran tour in immaculate condition, except the decals are peeling off. Mine is a little different than brandenjs. It's charcoal grey, doesn't have any seattube decals, and has downtube shifters. And it's a 12 speed.

Rode it on a charity century ride Saturday, completely as I got it except I removed the suicide levers and added clipless pedals, and rack+bag.

Road great except the chain broke once. Kind of expected to have something like that.

Great bike. Mine's going to end up being a workhorse instead of a beautiful vintage ride like you guys though. Might convert it to single speed.

What's with the fork dropouts? Is it designed that way so that you can mount the wheel on the lower side for more clearance? Would that even be safe?
Yes I would love to see a picture of that..I wish mine had the downtube shifters. What components does it have, and are they indexed? If you decide to go single speed let me know if you want to get rid of the gearset. Mine is a workhorse also,I've put over 300 miles on it since I've had it and I'm going to keep piling them on...great to see another one out there on the road...