Old 04-22-22, 03:27 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
I see in the specs that the x-seam range is 36"+ to 45"+. I am 5'10" with a 43" x-seam. I am not thinking that the boom on this trike needs to be shortened to fit anyone that is normally proportioned. Nor does there need to be any pool noodle placed to hold the rider back, because with a decent amount of recline, the seat will form a natural 'bucket' for the riders ... yeah. So ... we really need to see the o.p. on this trike. It may be counter-intuitive to want to stretch out and be all vulnerable to the worlds gaze but being scrunched up on a trike is just as bad as being too stretched out. There are published instructions online as to how to measure x-seam. There are probably videos as well if you are more of a visual learner. If you 'start' your explorations for fit on the trike with the results of your x-seam measurement off the trike, you may get better results.
I am 5'4" and more torso than leg. with the boom all the way in, I can just set my heel with a tiny knee break on the pedal at full extension....if I wear my doc marten 2" sole sneakers. I'm not going to change anything for a while because after a couple rides it seems my body is adapting to the seat or visa versa, and tightening the straps has some effect now. as I get used to the recumbent position and the seat stretches and gets tightened up, I assume I will reach an "equilibrium" of sorts from which to make decisions. In the meantime, I will just put a little cushion behind my lower back if needed. i have excellent feedback from my left knee if something is off even a tiny bit, and I learned from my pro bike fit on my 2 wheeler to make tiny changes and one thing at a time.