Derailed

Bikes: Priority Continuum Onyx; Hunter CX

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Harhir
You may want to try the team in Germany at kundenservice@ortlieb.de
They replied to my email within 2 days. Although I contacted them in German they should understand English. I think here in the US they only have a distributor.
Thanks for the suggestion, but that's the address from which I received the initial auto-reply, and to which I subsequently replied, after a week, to try checking in and provide a picture.

I may try doing a repair myself, as it looks like the fabric was attached by an adhesive. That is, it wasn't stitching that pulled out, but a glue that pulled away. Then again, I'm worried about doing so ultimately being used as a reason to deny my warranty claim.

I've also been shopping for a replacement but having trouble finding something quite like this in terms of size and convenience (I really like their ql3.1 mounting mechanism). It looks like they no longer sell this model so I may need to look for alternatives.

Can anyone recommend a briefcase-style pannier with a slick mounting mechanism?

Alternatively, I have a full set of Ortlieb Bike Packer touring panniers, plus an Ortlieb Bike Shopper, so maybe I'll just couple one of those with a traditional, non-bicycle-specific, briefcase.

Last edited by Derailed; 09-26-22 at 11:30 AM.