View Single Post
Old 12-11-21, 01:22 PM
kahn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I think the issue is that getting your ebike stolen is likely going to be way more costly than most traditional bikes owned by average users (those with super expensive regular bikes probably don't lock them up). With ebikes you lose the bike+motorization, which is more expensive. And as they get more popular, they'll get stolen more often :-(.
Also, I guess, with an e-bike and more power, folks can drag along heavier protection in the form of chains and hefty locks.

I recently added a motion sensor but have not really had an opportunity to use it since I try to not leave the bike unprotected.

My most recent neurotic episode is after a overnight car trip on the return home we decided to visit an art gallery. With the bike on the rear rack I used the rack's cable, a chain and a u-lock. It was parked across the street from the gallery and down half a block. I could not get comfortable and kept hitting the windows to look at my bike. It was unnerving! That was a rather large wad of money hanging out there and I still don't know the practical method of dealing with it.

Although, my other, custom titanium is probably just as costly and I feel the same way about securing it.