Old 01-16-16, 05:32 PM
punkinevil

Bikes: 1978 Schwinn Continental, 1970 Schwinn Paramount P-13, 1977 Schwinn Superior, 1973 Schwinn Sports Tourer, 1977 Schwinn LeTour II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by suburbanbeat
Hey everyone. I meant to update this after I got back from our cross country tour, but forgot.

We ended up doing the bridge shuttle. Basically, you just ride up to the bridge plaza (it will be on your right) and let a cop know that you want to get across. They'll just put you in a van and take you over. Wasn't too bad, just a little awkward as they seem less than pleased to be doing this for us. Also, the road that leads up to the bridge is pretty fast and dangerous.
I know this was a fairly old thread, but I have been trying to find someone who has used the shuttle over the bridge. I was thinking about riding down to Portsmouth this Spring to visit family and that crossing is the only real obstacle. Did you have to schedule the van in advance? If so, how long in advance and how precisely did you have to schedule a time? Ideally, I would love to roll up whenever I get there and do it as a walk-im since it would be the end of an all day ride. I would be grateful if you could share how it worked out logistically. Thanks!