Old 02-12-16, 12:28 PM
hatrack71
bentrider

Bikes: Trek R200, Bike Friday NWT, Radius Hornet 2, Cruzbike Sofrider, Vision R-40 BF/ R-42, Actionbent Litespeed/ Jetstream, Bacchetta Giro (20 and 26), Tern Verge P9, Ryan Vanguard, Burley Limbo, Rans Stratus/ Wave/ V-Rex, Dahon Helios, others...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Every single one of my bikes has rigid front fork and rear triangle. Even my XC mountain bikes. I found that when I was racing back in the early 90's, the addition of a Softride stem on my Specialized M2 Team with rigid front fork was enough to pick up some speed on the downhills while still being able to climb fast and make up a cushion. A great balance. Not fond of suspension forks at all. Not worth the extra weight or "bobbing" effect or play even when locked out. I can see if you are one of those crazy downhillers taking rough lines. Those guys have a lot of courage and amaze the heck out of me. I just watched the movie Unreal..and it was just that Those guys have beautiful bike handling skills..a must watch.. The body is what you have to train to take the shock and learn the motion to absorb through the knee and body positioning. Plus picking a clean line. It forces you to think more.

Last edited by hatrack71; 02-12-16 at 12:39 PM.