acidfast7
Banned

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
I have never seen any reference to the term "ISO811" in any consumer catalog or online ad copy for so-called "technical" clothing intended for bicyclists.

Yes ISO811 is a standard for breathability and water resistance, but does the consumer have any assurance that clothing on the market advertised as "technical" meets the ISO811 or any other standard just because the buzz word "technical" is included in the sales pitch?
https://showerspass.co.uk/products/refuge-jacket

The data is located under the Product Compare tab. I intentionally selected a website/product that the American audience will be familiar with.

It's clearly listed under that tab with a simplified star-rating for those not familiar with the particular ISO ratings.

For example, my jacket which is designed for cycling and fashionable wear and bought in a boutique shop in Amsterdam and had 10k/5k labels directly on it.

Where I am located, most outdoor gear directly states the ratings and people wouldn't buy outdoor/cycling clothing without such a label (as it probably hasn't be tested.)

I am glad that you are gaining new insights from BF and I hope you enjoy your stay.