View Single Post
Old 05-10-21, 05:24 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
Originally Posted by Ataylor
It slipped my mind, but I was meaning to ask you guys about those. I had the page opened up earlier today and was checking to see if anyone local carried them. Any idea if they're hookless or hooked? Can't really tell by looking at the pictures.

And a side question for you or anyone else that may care to answer. How big a difference is there in feel between the 24 point engagement on the Bontrager and, say, the 66 point engagement on something like the Firecrest Zipp's? I wonder if it's a noticeable difference. I was looking into a pair of Onyx Vesper's earlier today and the thought of instant engagement sent me down this rabbit hole.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems as though they're "slightly hooked."
I have 2 sets of the Bontrager wheels. I have the Pro3V on my Domane and I bought my wife a set of the Pro 37s. Excellent wheels and low price.