View Single Post
Old 05-18-21, 08:28 AM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
Check out the DTs. They make some noise but not much. I love the Chris King muted buzz ( I grease them each season...sometimes twice so they stay a bit muted) and have also used their black hubs which are more muted than the DT red/black (the DT 350s are black/white). If you want totally silent, try the Onyx hubs. They MAY be heavier and I am not sure if they have more drag, but it is the only other hub I would personally consider. I have never had a hub issue with CK and DT and have been using them since 2000 or so. I used a Hadley too which I loved but their website is terrible (not sure if they still have one) and they are a tiny company so they don't build that many hubs. Like DT and CK, they are lifetime hubs. My local shop just said that they can get them (I think the guys knows the Hadley owner) so I may try them again next time I need a new build for MTB or road.