View Single Post
Old 11-04-21, 02:56 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
Decent of you to care about the shop, but it is your bike or your shop .... choose one.

If the frame is off, the manufacturer needs to make it right. No question. If they sent you a bad frame to replace a bad frame, they need to send you a good frame. I would contact Pinarello, or have the shop do it after the shop thoroughly examined the issue.

I'd imagine it would be easier to face a CF BB than steel or Al because you could use sandpaper, not a milling machine or whatever .... still have the same issues of securing the frame in precise position and making sure the grinding face is perfectly perpendicular to the plane of rotation ..... but I imagine the actual work wouldn't be much different, maybe just lower grinding-head speed .... I cannot think why It could not be done.

But Pinarello should pay for it.
Originally Posted by EPOisDope
The OCD part of me just hates the notion of a misalignment on a crazy-expensive frame causing crank spindle wear / increased crank friction
That's not OCD that is merely common sense. If I am paying "crazy" prices for something I expect it to work. Shoot, if I am buying something cheap I expect it to work .... if I am spending a lot I expect it to work Perfectly.

If you are okay with spending tons of money and getting crap, let's do business. I can collect crap all day long--I will even pay shipping. But if you are in any way sensible you will Demand that the factory send you a perfect frame. They screwed up twice .... and your response is to let them rob you?

I don't get it.