View Single Post
Old 11-08-21, 06:00 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,094 Times in 5,053 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul Barnard
I rode the 51 mile route on the Tour Da Parish yesterday. I spent the first 20 miles with a group. They pulled off at one of the food and water stations set up on the route, and I kept rolling. As is often the case when I am riding alone and traffic conditions permit, my mind began wandering. What makes for better mind wandering as I wind along the bayou flanked roads in south Louisiana than food? My mind landed on Gumbo. It's a staple of any self-respecting Louisianan's diet. Not that I'm self-respecting, as I did own a carbon fiber bike at one point, but you get the point.

My in-laws live part of the year in Santa Fe NM. They had recently returned to this area, and brought some incredible Hatch chilies with them. I have been cooking with them quite a bit lately. Well the thought of gumbo and hatch chili merged to spawn the thought of Mexican Gumbo. This morning I decided to throw some things together to make a Mexican gumbo.

Family Magnalite?
Likes For livedarklions: