Old 11-28-21, 10:41 AM
saddlesores

Bikes: inferior steel....and....noodly aluminium

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked 341 Times in 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
Perhaps renewal times are slower for those like most of us that are not currently in a foreign country?
i wouldn't think so. passports are made in the usa, then delivered to embassies/consulates. there is no prioritization available. we get only the regular service, no expedited, and no mail service.

and what a pain it is. there is no agency we can use. we have to make an appointment online, limited slots that only open up about a month prior. and of course the bastidges take off 'merkan AND local holidays, open late and close early.

you'd think in the whiz-bang computer age we could apply online and only appear in person for pickup, but noooooooooooooooooo, gotta book flights and hotels, move your meat-sack halfway across a continent to shuffle some papers in person. but you'd be wrong.

oh, but they mail it back..........NOT. same thing all over again. once you're notified, you gotta book flights and hotels and move your meat-sack halfway across a continent to pick up a wee, tiny booklet in person that could easily be sent EMS.

Originally Posted by zacster
If that is an American passport it wouldn't surprise me if overseas citizens are prioritized.
if a normal "citizen" is prioritized for anything other than runaround and headache is what would surprise me.