View Single Post
Old 01-18-22, 09:51 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
I can't believe that some of you seem to be taking this troll post seriously.
Why do you believe its a troll thing? Plenty of people aren't technically minded enough to believe there is an issue. "Dad brought home a bike and assembled it in the living room, surely someone at the local store with better tools who builds more can do the job just as well," isn't a hard thought for someone to put together. My grandfather used to tell me how he picked up bikes and slapped the pieces together to make new bikes and sell them so it should still be easy to do, he was telling me this about the single speed bikes he did it with and thought that a 10sp was still 2x5 gearing. Our world is filled with people who have generalized notions that don't meet reality.
I always found the number of people who told me "they don't build them like they used to" hilarious when you open a 100+ year old wall and find a stud made of 7 boards nailed together.
Likes For Russ Roth: