Old 10-28-21, 09:15 AM
Glennfordx4

Bikes: Too many Bicycles to list

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 45 Posts
Scrap Bin Schwinn Suburban

I picked up a 75 Schwinn Suburban last yr from my junk guy for $5, let it sit outside for a yr due to space and time to work on it. I did a total resto-mod to it.
I kinda knew what I was going to do to it when I got it so I had the time and got started. Striped and cleaned the frame and parts I was going to reuse, gone are the 27" steel FW wheels, in went a set of Bontrager double walled 700c wheels with a custom spaced Shimano 7spd cassette Hub wearing a set of 38's I got for $2 ea on closeout. I used Schwinn Approved parts where I could so the Brakes, levers, crank arms, Pedals, stem, headset, grips and Suntour shifter all came from Schwinn bikes I parted in the past. It is now a 1x7 that is set up for SIS but I chose a Suntour Friction shifter removed from a ladies 5spd Suburban. Threw on some NOS racks I had and custom fitted a chain guard from a Hampton Cruiser that I was going to paint but it looks too good for that lol. It rides great and the center pull brakes with nos Dia Compe Gray Matter pads work way better than I thought they would.
Pics,
Before

After

Last edited by Glennfordx4; 10-28-21 at 09:31 AM.
Likes For Glennfordx4: