View Single Post
Old 06-09-23, 08:38 AM
PirateJack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
My hips are pretty good. TBH, I am very fortunate to have a metabolism and body type that's ideal for an amputee to do well. I've never been overweight and have a long slim frame overall, so the "wear and tear" on my hips is less than would be the case for some folks.

I did have a hernia last year. I tend to overdue activity, don't like slowing down, when I probably should.

Seat position isn't anything all that special. I play with it to make sure it's dialed in. In the early days, (80's + early 90's) before I started getting Boch products, my knees were range limited at just below 90 degrees. Then the knee would "top" out if I didn't have the seat raised or adjusted custom. With my current and recent prosthetics, knee flexion is deeper, so this has not been an issue. The modern prosthetics are also much lighter, (titanium skeletal + foam on a carbon/fiberglass socket, so the overall performance is both much more flexible, comfortable and lighter.

Anyway, let me know if you want to catch up anytime with any other questions. I just got new tires on my ol' Cannondale and am looking forward to getting out, hopefully this weekend if schedules allow.

Last edited by PirateJack; 06-09-23 at 08:44 AM.