View Single Post
Old 07-13-21, 09:55 AM
Kekec1965

Bikes: Several, to many to list, mainly vintage British build. From A-Z of brands there are two letters missing, X&Y.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 207 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by brixxton
I totally get your point. Both the Pristine models are using the same Gearset and tackle. The main differences appear to be the drilled chaining and brakes spotting much drilling, god I love the way it looks and luckily have a pair. Stem and bars the same, got some NOS pedals.
So what if I put a later gen rear derailleur on
leaving the cool "matchbox' one on the front and using drilled levers with a pair of Dia Compe Royales? or Tektro R556? are we still looking at a Ford pretending to be an Aston Martin?
I have the decals on order although mine has a super cool name plate up front and superior fork cowns and lest we forget the water bottle cage
---------------------------------------------------------------

Now what you still don't understand is that your model is far far below the one sold on SS site. Forget about fancy lugs (a bit of chrome does not make lugs fancy BTW) and low end (read gas pipe) tubes and fact it weighs a ton in racing bike terms and it has lowest possible Campagnolo parts on it and steel wheels and cottered cranks and plastic saddle and gosh, do I need to go on? It is not of the same quality, period. Let me repeat, I have the same model and it is my shopping bike. I leave it downstairs as it is too heavy to bring upstairs where the real bikes are stored. And I only ride it when it does not rain, as cannot be stopped when there is a bit water on those steel rims. And because it weighs a ton. See what you have done, now I'm repeating myself....

Last edited by cb400bill; 07-13-21 at 11:46 AM.
Likes For Kekec1965: