brandenjs
WV is not flat..

Bikes: 1 away from divorce!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 436 Times in 176 Posts
Originally Posted by oldtimeyirv
This was in pretty rough shape when I got it. No wheels, no seatpost, all original components. I plan to get it powder coated and modernize it with a collection of 105. Currently battling a seized BB. Slowly getting the better of it thanks to all the knowledge here and a very big hammer.

What can you guys tell me about the Black Lightning? Was it just a marketing thing or was there anything unique about the bikes? I know the SR500 was kind of entry level, but I've seen higher end models with the Black Lightning also. Thanks!

Photos are of my current battle with the BB. Evidently previous owners didn't keep the derailleurs adjusted... The paint is gnarly!

I've had a couple of them over the years and have kept this 1987 model. They were a special edition with some unique gold and black components, but the frames were the same for the other models. I have since upgraded mine to 7 speed Microshift with 105 derailleurs. These frames are stiff and excellent climbers though a bit harsh for longer rides. It has always been one of my grail bikes.
Likes For brandenjs: