Old 11-26-22, 12:12 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,000 Times in 2,669 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcin.81
Thank you cyccommute, I've forgotten to mention the caliper is for MTB and not for road bike. I'm not completely sure but these three calipers mentioned look like they are road bike callipers?

Would you know by aby chance of some MTB calipers with both sides pads adjustments?

Many thanks
Marcin
All of the calipers cyccommute listed are long pull which would generally be found on a mountain bike. The Paul Klamper is adjustable with different arms so you can use it for Short, Long or Campy pull and the BB7 has a mountain variety (the wrong one was linked initially) but like you see they have a road variant as well and the Spyke is mountain only, if you ever wanted road that is the Spyre.

For dual piston that would be the Spyke but Paul says their Klamper is better because it is a single piston design and trying to do two pistons would make a really huge brake. I can see what he is saying and I do generally love Paul components and use a bunch of them on different bikes but I am not sure if the single piston is better than the dual piston of the Spyre/Spyke but maybe one day I might get to try the Klampers long term.
Likes For veganbikes: