View Single Post
Old 03-14-24, 09:14 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 3,999 Times in 2,668 Posts
Originally Posted by SEbiker01
What are the best places to buy tubing for my SE bike and what is the best tubing I can buy so my tires don’t get holes when I run over thorns

my bike is a SE big flyer 29”
Keep in mind this is an older thread kind of unrelated, best thing to do for the future is ask a new question in a new thread in the right section.

In terms of your question get good quality puncture protectant tires from known quality brands (think Continental, Vittoria, Maxxis, Schwalbe... in no order) and keep your standard butyl tubes (again quality sources) properly inflated and you will get fewer flats. Avoid any goo or goop or hard liners if you are wanting a liner something soft and foamy like the Tannus Armour is good. You will use a smaller tube with those just FYI.

If you are desperate for putting goo or fluid in your tires you will need to get a tubeless set up first and then find a good tubeless sealant. This would be very different from the mess that is slime or similar and there would be no tubes and generally you would need a tubeless rim and tire.