View Single Post
Old 11-22-21, 11:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
A bike shouldn't need to be hard on your back and you shouldn't need to take breaks that often. A bike should be at least somewhat comfortable to you with as many spacers as needed (and that are safe). If all you are interested in, in what random people you might pass while riding then slam that stem and raise the seatpost high and be super uncomfortable and miserable but that guy passing you will certainly not judge you anymore because you are in his special cool guy club that he invented while riding past you in those 2-5 seconds (well really that you invented for him and placed on him as a silent judgement because he probably didn't care). If you are actually interested in comfort make the bike work for you, who the heck cares about spacers. I have spacers under pretty much all my bikes and honestly have ZERO interest in changing that and I really could give a crap what people think because in the end I am happy with my bikes and they are relatively comfortable for me and look good.

The most important thing here is to get a tire meant for the road, trainer tires are NEVER MEANT for road usage. They are purely for use on a trainer. Second which isn't super important but actually shows the bike is take your photos of the DRIVE SIDE of the bicycle. The non-drive side is pretty useless especially on a generic bike like that, certainly if you have a funky paint job on the other side or something really cool you cannot see on the drive side yeah but not the case here.