Old 07-27-22, 07:41 AM
jtruest

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help with groin/hip flexor, hamstring, and lower back pain

I have been riding for over 15 years racing XC, road, cyclocross, and now gravel and have had a nagging injury for almost a year that I'm hoping to get some advice on. I have constant lower back pain, hamstring tightness, and groin/hip flexor tightness and pain all on my left side. I have seen an orthopedic doctor for my spine (MRI negative), and now several PTs for muscular imbalances with no relief or fix. I have taken time off the bike (8 weeks of no riding/activity), tried to ride through it, and spent many gym sessions strengthening my core, stretching, doing yoga, etc. but the problem doesn't go away. I've also been professionally fit on my gravel bike with no change to how I feel so I know that is also correct.

I guess I'm just looking for anyone who might have had a similar issue. I'm from the Boston area so plenty of access to doctors but at this point I'm getting desperate and would love a recommendation to a doctor or PT that understands cycling better and can put me on the right path.

Let me know, thanks!