View Single Post
Old 12-25-20, 04:10 PM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by Road Fan
The N1 and the X1 are made for the same weight of rider, but the N1 is not as soft due to the fact the leather top is solid with no cutting-out. The X2 and N2 are made for the next heavier weight class according to S-A. I have an X1, N1 and a pair of H2. The H2 are a little stiffer, but it feels like they have a better shape. The X2 is stiffer than the X1 because the light-brown leather laminate on the bottom is thicker on the X2 than on the X1 and it covers the entire bottom.

I went for the C rails, as well on my H2s. The reason is that a long-setback (highly slammed) position is often what I need. The early and X-series saddles with steel rails have very long rails that extended quite far forward. The H series frame comes standard with Ti rails which are about 3 cm shorter at the front. That cutoff messes up my seating position. The carbon rail designed to lighten the saddle also has the same rail length as the original steel frames. An expensive fix for a problem that I don't think is necessary, but that's the way it is.
The "N1" in my post was a typo. I've only had a H1, X2 (which I bought because I'm under 190 lbs), now the H2 with the carbon rail.
So, I can expect the H2 to be stiffer than my H1? I got the carbon rail for the same reason, plus I don't care for the looks of the stainless steel on this particular bike it's going on. Plus, should be a slightly better ride.