Old 03-13-21, 07:13 AM
DaveLeeNC

Bikes: 2020 Trek Emonda SL6, 90's Vintage EL-OS Steel Bianchi with 2014 Campy Chorus Upgrade

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked 162 Times in 110 Posts
canklecat So last autumn I cut way back on cycling and switched to long walks, then jogging, and eventually running. At first a mile or two was all I could manage. Now I'm up to 5-7 mile runs and aiming for 10 miles this month and a half-marathon by summer.

Interesting how things are different for different people. I started out a runner and ended up a cyclist simply because of susceptibility to ankle sprains. However, at this point my orthopedic guy has forbidden running due to osteoarthritis in my knees (not that I would be so inclined anyway, given how they feel).

McBTC On your Emonda for example if you put a yardstick across your seat to the top of your bars and put a level on it, how many inches would you have to raise the bars to make them level with the seat?

I got my second Covid shot yesterday and (arm soreness) I literally cannot (or at least will not) get either of my bikes down (they hang from the ceiling in the garage). I am not sure that I see the point right now as I am not going to do anything (like setup changes) until I have solid medical info (that is more than a week out).

dave