Old 03-15-21, 06:24 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
I hate to hear about the hip or related issue keeping you off the course. At first to me it sounded like an arthritic hip since you didn’t have pain pedaling but maybe not based on the location of the pain and others suggestions.

I have a reoccurring back muscle issue that flared up yesterday. It sounds very similar to what Freddie Couples experiences occasionally. We kept the grandkids over the weekend and between picking them up a lot and being in awkward positions on the floor my back said “enough”. It takes about 7 days to get it loosened enough to swing a club. I let my buddies know that I wouldn’t be joining them this week. Btw, we use push carts, I quit carrying my clubs 5-6 years ago.

But, like you I’m pretty much pain free while sitting and pedaling the bike. In fact I rode 82 miles and spent almost 5 hours on the bike yesterday. The hardest part was getting on and off the bike and walking around a store refueling. I walk pretty bent over......just can’t stand up straight.