View Single Post
Old 05-03-22, 09:30 PM
pbass

Bikes: 2016 Surly Cross Check, 2019 Kona Rove ST

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 313 Times in 211 Posts
Please do not let a doctor give you Cipro unless it's a life or death situation. It (and other flouroquinolones) have a Black Box warning from the FDA--they are dangerous drugs. You might be lucky- many are- and have no toxic reaction, but it is far too risky. They don;t know yet if it's genetic or what causes the 10's(hundreds?) of thousands of people every year to have a toxic reaction. Sadly, I speak from experience on this. I still have permanent tendon damage from one single dose of Cipro. My current doc has a previously healthy patient, who had a lung collapse from a 10 day course of Cipro. Vision problems, torn ligaments and tendons, coronary, horrible digestive havoc, you name it - it destroys connective tissue on a mitochondrial level. What isn't connective tissue in your body? You may not even know that the tendon tear, neurological, heart, or other issue that comes up later is from it--not everyone gets the immediate "a bomb went off in my body" reaction like many do. For most it's likely a slow degradation over time. Doctors are finally starting to accept the threat these drugs present. Please do your research.

EDIT: there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 other flouroquinolone antibiotics that have been banned, that are no different from Cipro, Levaquin. It's all just pharma industry shenanigans encouraging ignorant or lazy doctors to throw this poison around like it's candy.

If you ARE actively taking Cipro, Levaquin, or other flouroquinolones, do NOT take any NSAIDs. They are contraindicated. If you are susceptible to flouroquinolone toxicity (and you won't know it until it happens and then it's too late) NSAIDs make one dose of Cipro cause the damage of multiple doses. Again, sadly I know all this from experience, and having worked with a doctor who specializes in helping people recover from these drugs.

Last edited by pbass; 05-03-22 at 10:17 PM.
Likes For pbass: