Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Donw9876
This is driving me friggin nuts. Ok, so I checked out Lake's website. They have a dealer locator. There is one 10 mi away from me, another 30 mi away, and the next closest ones are 100 mi.

I called the local guy and yup, just like I figured. They have almost no inventory "but we can order anything you want", and I can too myself, without a 20 mile round trip just to find out they don't work for me.

And the other shop that is local states on their website that their Lake offerings start at 370. !@&(*!@

Well, it looks like I can direct order from Lake. Probably do that. A local fitting by a LBS seems to be impossible. It was so easy to find something that fit years ago.

The scarcity of finding what I need is something I'm not used to. It's not a supply chain/pandemic thing. It looks like manufacturers exclude certain size ranges because they aren't cool enough or something. I took a quick look on Ebay and found a lot of different used shoes (not something I want right now) but the older models always look much more comfortable.
Wait until you order from the Lake site and then get told it’s out of stock after the fact.

I’d order from a separate online dealer like Competitive Cyclist or Backcountry or BikeTiresDirect.