rossiny

Bikes: Trek 970, Bianchi Volpe,Casati

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 122 Times in 87 Posts
Car talk

Originally Posted by no1mad
Okay, knock it off with the car talk. I don't know the WHO, the WHY, or the WHEN it was even broached in a thread entitled "HOW do you survive without a car?" in the first place.
Being car free has everything to do with the car. This thread is very interesting because its not just about " car free". Car have become a " car culture" . Like cults once you enter them you can only associate with others inside the cult and are told you need them and only stay inside that cult. Cars are the same , once you buy one , your in the cult, getting out is very hard. We are in a car matrix and can't get out. Everything is connected with cars , our cities design , our road designs, our day to day life, our livihood , our right of passage at 16 ( in USA), . I personally think we are destroying ourselves with cars. An economy based on mass producing units that must be produced in millions of units per year , that produce pollution into the air we breath is just pure insanity. Also what is equally insane is the fact that the economy DEPENDS on the salesof said product to keep the economy going or in fact it will crash us into a depression. Don't believe me ?? 2008 crash , quote : the too big to fail, GM, Chrysler got billions on a bail out . The minute they stop production is the minute that billions are out of work, and the fall out of those jobs being lost will also effect millions of other industries. I have on old truck for work and work locally . It needed a brake job and I road to work on bike because my tool set up was on the job I so happened to be working on.
When I retire I will definitely look at Europe in areas where they have foot traffic and bike. I am a pessimist and dont feel humans can look at this massive problem in a system that we were born into and wake up (collectively) from it and say we need to stop polluting and our system is entirely based on polluting and destroying the earth. I can only limit my foot print.
The song comes to mind🎶🎶 "despite all my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage "🎶🎶

Last edited by rossiny; 12-16-20 at 03:54 AM.