Old 10-07-21, 09:56 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6199 Post(s)
Liked 4,816 Times in 3,323 Posts
Unless I didn't look at the right products, then Hydrant... in all their categories of products are just mostly sodium and other electrolytes. And more than I'd put in my bottles for any but a really hot days ride.

The few Calories they provide come from cane sugar. And the only "energy" component other than the little bit of cane sugar seems to be caffeine or other stimulants.

I think you are sort of saying you don't like Gatorade because of it's sugary, slimey slick taste that is annoying.... at least to me, when riding at a fair effort in the heat. Just leaves a nasty aftertaste in the mouth. Vitamin water was one of the few drinks I found that was palatable when riding. And it provided a decent amount of energy in the form of Calories.

Hammer's Heed has been what I liked for several years. It didn't use to have the aftertaste that Gatorade does. However I think they changed their flavor profile a while back to try and placate those that didn't like it's slightly astringent taste that didn't leave much after taste. So now they are more like Gatorade and leave an after taste. However not quite as bad. Watermelon or lemon lime seem to not have as much of the annoying taste, but I might have to start making my own mix again.