View Single Post
Old 04-05-22, 03:03 PM
blt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by spdntrxi
there is no good way (safe) to get over 580 anywhere in Dublin or Pleasanton or Livermore for that matter.
The most reasonable crossings of 580 are going under it, but those are few and far between.

There is the east Dublin-Pleasanton BART station and Greenville Rd. That's about it unless you're going to the outskirts. I guess Schaefer Ranch is technically Dublin, and Schaefer Ranch Rd. goes under and is a safe transverse of 580. If you want to say North Flynn is Livermore, that is a pretty safe crossing over 580, but it really isn't Livermore. Beyond that to the west you're going to Castro Valley or to the east to Midway Rd., which is really nowhere but has a Tracy mailing address.

The crossing over 580 that is really in Dublin, Pleasanton, or Livermore that feels safest to me is Isabel north to south, which I'll do weekend afternoons, not that it is completely comfortable. I have crossed on Santa Rita very early on weekend mornings, and Isabel south to north later on weekends, those seem "safer" than a lot of other crossings, but it isn't fun, and I definitely wouldn't touch Santa Rita except very early weekend mornings.