Old 06-04-22, 06:23 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3148 Post(s)
Liked 1,713 Times in 1,034 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
How are these holding up? I just got a fatal tear in a Vittoria Corsa with less than 300 miles on it and am looking for something that costs less and resists flats more.
Ah, I haven’t reported back… They’ve been great! I took them down to the Shawnee Valley state forest in SE Ohio a few weeks back for my club’s spring camp, and they performed flawlessly and confidently in both the rain and dry. The hills down there— Appalachian foothills, I guess— are pretty good sized and got speeds up into the 40mph range, this requiring some careful but hard braking and leaning to negotiate the plentiful curves. Nothing was steep enough to test ultimate traction on the way up, but other than that, they got a good, demanding workout and fully satisfied.

The road surfaces were pretty good but far from perfect asphalt, but the tires were supple and sticky enough that they didn’t skip around on pebbles, cracks, and the like. Once, when bombing down a narrow valley road— I think it was FSR3 in the state forest— I entered a fast curve and bunny hopped what seemed to be a slightly raised, concrete patch or water bar in the asphalt, only to be immediately faced with another, wider one with a metal grate in it. I tried to hop that too, but landed short and sideways, right on the trailing edge I think. It felt hard and awkward, but it was near the end of the ride, so I did the few miles back up to the lodge without concern. However, prepping the bike for the next ride, the rear was really low pressure, and It looked like the bad landing knocked the bead out of the rim. Inspecting it, the tire wasn’t damaged in any way, so I inflated it and have been riding on.

So yeah, good, fast rolling, grippy, durable tires…recommended!
Likes For chaadster: