Thread: AC Joint Sprain
View Single Post
Old 11-04-22, 07:50 PM
Cornchips

Bikes: Giant Escape 3 (2018), Giant Roam 3 (2021), Specialized Sirrus X 3.0 (2022)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Isn't everything free in Oz?

Why would you need to be out of work for 3-6 months? (My recovery was much faster than that)
I'm currently researching that now. If I go as a public patient, I think the surgery is 'free' but I don't get a choice of surgeon or location (also get put on a waiting list and will have no idea when a spot will become available). If I go private I have to pay for it but can get it done where and when I want.

But perhaps more so than the hospitalisation costs is the time off work. I'm not sure of the exact timelines, I more or less made 3 months up, but the fact of the matter is I'm just a labourer and lift things for a living. Now that I'm getting older. the last thing I want to do is rush back to work too soon and do further damage. I want to go the conservative route in that regard and try and get back as close to 100% as I possibly can before I return to work...

I guess you don't realise what you've got till it's gone. Before I injured my shoulder I didn't even consider my job 'physical' - thought it was easy just moving tables and chairs around a stadium and bagging groceries a few nights a week. Now these tasks seem almost insurmountable...