fcriscuo

Bikes: 1978 Masi Gran Criterium, 2011 Bianchi Sempre, 2018 Pinarello Gan K

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Gel treatments for knee pain

Hi,
I am 73 years old and, combining indoor & outdoor cycling, ride 80-100 miles/week. I started getting gel shots in both knees semi-annually in 2018 when osteoarthritis in my knees (primarily left) got so bad I often had trouble walking. It proved to be a game-changer. I was even able to participate in a few 5K runs. Because of relocations, I've been to three sports medicine doctors to get these shots. The middle doctor used a regimen of three shots per treatment, spread out over three weeks; the two other doctors administered a single shot. He was the only doctor who caused significant pain. With the other two, the procedure was/is virtually painless. So I highly recommend discussing this treatment with your doctor if osteoarthritis is the cause of your knee pain. A couple of months ago, I began to experience periodic right knee pain ascending hills. I felt that I was allowing my right knee to flare out. I have Look Keo pedals on my two bikes and was using Look's gray cleats which have a 4.5-degree float. I switched to the black cleats which have zero float and that appears to have solved the problem.

Hope this helps.