Thread: AC Joint Sprain
View Single Post
Old 03-23-23, 03:29 AM
Cornchips

Bikes: Giant Escape 3 (2018), Giant Roam 3 (2021), Specialized Sirrus X 3.0 (2022)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
how’s it going w you?
Feeling strangely fine.

I played cricket on the weekend (similar to baseball). It survived a couple of dives and I even bowled a couple of overs. I pulled up pretty sore in the shoulder for two days after, and I still have no hope of actually throwing a ball with any great force, but right now I feel fine.

The past month or two the pain has really come down. Right now, my biggest concern is loss of strength. I'm still a lot weaker in my right arm which is my dominant side (1 year on).

This also coincides with my third and final meeting with the ortho on Monday (27/3). Maybe this is why they haven't been pushing for surgery? Just a couple of months ago I would have crawled onto the operating table, but now I'm having second thoughts. My ROM is close to 100%, I would say my strength is at about 75% and I do pull up a bit sore after any sort of rigorous activity - such as playing cricket or a big day at work.

So, right now I'm wondering if surgery will be worth it. Will it make the pain go away completely? Will I get my strength back? And perhaps more pressingly how I will support myself during recovery. Long-term, it might actually be better, as I feel I have to 'baby' my shoulder in most things I do.
Likes For Cornchips: