Old 01-04-23, 10:52 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,470 Times in 1,147 Posts
I have some old computers with the wheel magnet. The oldest ones had a bracket that wrapped around handlebar, which worked great when all handlebars were same diameter. Those no longer fit on my newer bikes.

And some newer ones that are about a decade old with cable ties. I started to like cable ties, for example you could strap the mounting plate on a handlebar (cable ties run fore and aft) or a stem (cable ties run side to side), which gave me more flexibility in mounting. And they fit on any diameter bar or stem.

The first time I ever saw a bike computer with cable ties, it was a Tour de France pro racing bike, my first thought was that I was surprised that something that cheap would be on that expensive of a bike. But once I bought such a computer, I saw it as very practical instead of as cheap.

My wired one is more precise for distance, the wireless ones seem to vary from ride to ride. My wired one does not have cadence which I would like to have.

Mine are no longer made, thus I am not suggesting a brand or model.