Old 08-14-18, 09:06 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Morelock
I've seen a few of these pop up the last year or two on the cheap. Considered picking on up because why not, but figured it'd be a hassle to make it work "right."

Maybe I'll snag the next one (and find room for it somewhere)
Even with the stock bars, they are great units. 50lb flywheel, overall heavy as hell (you can't rock it), and the older ones come with fixed rear wheels.

The mods are a bonus.

EDIT: If you happen to buy one with a free hub, you can order a fixed hub conversion kit from CycleOps for a few bucks.

The crank arms are 170mm. I think the BB is FSA splined (I can't recall the name for this system). So, if you are adventurous, you can even change out the cranks to the length of choice. The chain is a 3/32 road chain that should be replaced with a strong single speed chain before doing crazy hard efforts. +1800W on an old road chain is scary.

EDIT 2: If you replace the chain, buy 2 and combine them. A standard chain won't be long enough to travel the circuit from chainring to cog and back. I think the wheelbase (from BB to rear hub) is longer than a normal bike.

Last edited by carleton; 08-14-18 at 09:28 AM.