Old 12-04-20, 07:31 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
Absolutely helllll noooo. Toss that saddle. It shouldn't go on any bike, but it should most definitely not besmirch a classic De Rosa.
thanks for the thoughts and reply! I hear you and might agree I just don’t know about a standard black?

Originally Posted by primov8
Definitely a no go for that USPS saddle and not sold on the wheelset. I know the wheelset is that hint of modern but I'm picturing that beautiful De Rosa rolling on a set of Ambrosio Nemesis tubulars (or similar box section wheels), tan sidewall tires. For the saddle, I'd go with a Selle Anatomica H1-oxblood copper and matching bar tape.
Hey Primov, thanks for playing! That could be an interesting color choice, I’ll see if I can find someone to photoshop an old pic of the bike and see what that would look like. I hear you about the wheels and would love to if possible but given the world these days I’m not sure that I’m up for the spend when I have a perfectly good and never mounted spare set of wheels in my garage (plus the good folks at Industry Nine have sent me a campy freehub and are allowing me to return the Shimano one for the cost of shipping lol)! The old wheels were hand laced by me back in the day and include a Mavic rear rim with old Shimano 600 freehub and a campy front rim with a Mavic hub. Like I said a true Frankenbike

Originally Posted by bruce19
A blue saddle and bar tape would be unique and get lots of attention. Although you asked, I would suggest that you ignore our opinions and try it. If you like it...good. If not, change it. It's your sense of aesthetics not mine.
true enough, all I’d have to do is get the handlebar tape and see if I like it. The pic below is how it once was.

Last edited by robbyville; 12-04-20 at 07:36 AM.
Likes For robbyville: