Old 01-13-21, 05:15 PM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by sean.hwy
I have two bikes. Gravel bike Topstone and road bike Systemsix. I really wanted a 2nd set of rims for the gravel bike with road tires. So I when I go out of town I can have a gravel or road bike. Instead of just buying
ok rims for the gravel bike I decide to spend a little more and upgrade my carbon road bike to carbon wheels and kick down the alloy wheels from my road to my gravel bike.

I went for a ride today. TBH I can't tell a difference. I can tell a huge difference between my gravel tires and my road tires but I can't really feel much difference from my alloy road wheels with 28 tires on them and my new carbon wheels with 25 tires on them.

BUT I was a FASTER today. I started riding back in march. My goal was to avg 20mph for an hour. I have been averaging 18/19 mph for an hour for a while.

Today I did hit my goal probably because of the wheels.

First, congrats on the new record! Who knows if it was a result of the new wheels vs. your pleasure and excitement of having a new product that filled you with adrenaline but either way a great accomplishment!

Your bike looks fantastic, great purchase. Have fun and ride safe! When you do go tubeless we’ll be here to help and that you will definitely feel a difference lol
Likes For robbyville: