Old 11-18-21, 10:03 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by jccaclimber
With all of this conversation about bead expansion, I wonder if the aluminum rim expands faster than the bead does anyways? As a bare material it certainly does, I'm just not sure what it does as a system given the spokes, and I don't really feel like putting it into APDL to find out.

IME a third brake wouldn't be a bad idea. If nothing else it's a handy backup in case one of the other two ever fails. I don't see a situation where used responsibly (IE, it's not a true drag brake like an Arai, and the stoker doesn't use it without coordination from the captain) that an extra rim brake would not be better than an equivalent disc brake bike without it.
we only had some brake loos when the had the cheap two piston 180mm rotors. but I need to control the heating more. its going to be awhile before we can really test the better braking my wife needs a shoulder replacement surgery so she cant use both arms to help climb an once she gets surgery it will be unto 3 months before she can ride again . So now I need a way to haul her around she hates being house bound.