Old 12-18-21, 08:15 AM
J.Higgins 
2-Wheeled Fool

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Brompton

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked 677 Times in 457 Posts
I agree with what most people have already said in here about the weight rating. You should be fine as long as your bike is assembled well, and the wheels are tuned nicely. Even then, I have seen a great many morbidly obese people riding cheapo Huffy beach cruisers and those bikes seem to be doing just fine. Just take a week of vacation to St. Augustine and see for yourself. I'd wager those bikes were ridden as soon as the got home, without much thought to proper assembly and wheel-tuning. Now add the much-higher quality of your new bike, you'll probably be just fine if you dont beat the hell out of it. I also want to disagree with those that say that cycling is a poor way to lose weight. I'll agree with that but only if I can add that its a great way to get your body back into motion. Motion is lotion, and if you move move move, you'll start to groove groove groove. Getting back on a bike is a good way to get your ass off the chair. Its all got to start somewhere, and getting on a bike is a great way to start your recovery to a thinner you, and better health. Couple that with some intermittent fasting, and light keto diet, and the weight will melt off.