View Single Post
Old 01-08-22, 02:48 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2642 Post(s)
Liked 474 Times in 344 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Hey! Great meeting you this morning! Did you ever catch the Spectrum guys?

Are the guys telling you to stick with the big ring only skinny? Because if they are, they don't know. Big guys like us use all the gears. Don't let people who aren't 1) your size, or 2) riding your bike with your bike's gearing tell you what you should do.

BTW, if your derailleur isn't shifting into ALL the gears, you should get it fixed. Might be the limit screws, might be the hanger. In either case, eminently fixable.
Nice meeting you too! I couldn't catch them but managed to grab em on the way back (you were right to get in front and let them pass.) Managed to stick with them from past the water temple to woodside, which was the best ive done ever on that ride. Most of them are skinny (im the fattest guy on the rides lol) but I listen to their advice because there is really a wealth of knowledge on the roads out here and I'd be doing myself a disservice by not keeping an open mind. My derailleur shifts in all the gears but I'm worried about breaking something by cross chaining. My chain skipped today on spectrum when riding uphill standing, which is super sketchy, really can't be having that happen. I didn't swerve much but I know people who have crashed because of that.
Likes For LarrySellerz: