Old 08-23-22, 09:05 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Liked 1,644 Times in 942 Posts
Originally Posted by bblair
Squirt lube all the way.

I just finished cleaning my bike and chain using Dawn dish liquid. Chain and bike are shiny, squeaky clean. What's the big deal? I'll drip more Squirt on tonight and ready to roll in the morning. Quiet and clean. 2 minutes.
I one hundred percent agree.
The thing is though, is to run the chain backwards round & round for a minute or two to really work it into the rollers. Then, a follow up drop on each roller for good measure.
It seems that people who don't do this find it doesn't perform as well as molten immersion. We'll, of course it didn't; it never made it "inside."

The other caveat is it needs to dry, as in completely dry. The water in the emulsion has to physically leave the bike in a gaseous form for the wax to be left behind. Else the water ******* the wax back out of the roller by the various forces while in use. IOW: You can't simply put a drop on each roller & immediately go for a ride. That's not how it works.

User error on both counts.

Car dependency is a tax.