Old 07-06-21, 06:46 AM
pgjackson

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
The Garneau Lemmon 2 jersey is by far the most comfortable I've worn, especially in hot and humid weather. The fabric is unlike anything else on the market. It's thin, feels like fine, soft, brushed cotton, but it's all poly wicking fabric. The fabric under the arms is a bit different, meshed for better ventilation.

The fit is hard to describe -- it conforms to the body yet never feels tight. It's very stretchy. I can overload the pockets with a ridiculous amount of stuff for a century ride, yet it returns to shape later.

Lots of nice custom touches, such as subtle black graphics that are highly reflective at night under headlights. A silver-gray reflective strip along the pockets too, but not that cheap plasticky looking and feeling reflective trim used on some lower priced jerseys (including some of Garneau's own low priced jerseys). Four rear pockets -- the middle pocket has another smaller pocket over that, which I use to hold my trash from gels, Clif bars, etc., or, the past year, my mask in case I needed to stop along the way for snacks.

I can't vouch for the Lemmon 1, which appears to be unavailable, or recently released Lemmon 3. I'd be disappointed if the Lemmon 3 changed the fabric at all. It was perfect the way it was with the Lemmon 2.

The Garneau website shows a very limited selection of the Lemmon 2, but other online retailers still have some.

In sizing, the fabric makes this less critical. I'm 5'11", around 150 lbs now, but weighed 165 when I bought the jersey. The medium still fits fine, but I could go a size smaller. And the Lemmon 2 runs long in the tail, so you can wear it with shorts rather than bibs and not worry about the midriff being exposed.

Reminds me, I need to buy another before they're all gone. I got the Lemmon 2 in green in 2018 and thought I'd wear it awhile to see if it held up. It still looks good as new and is my most frequently worn summer jersey. I think I lucked into that one for around $25 from Amazon back then, but it's so good I wouldn't feel like I paid too much even at $50.
That's a nice jersey. I always liked LG gear. I'm just not into the cycling jersey thing any more. I prefer shirts that fit more like t-shirts with an open, lose fitting bottom. Don't need rear pockets, but I like a zipper neck. Not a full zipper, just a 1/4 zipper enough to get some air flow. They are hard to find.